AWE Virtual Summit coming soon
We are planning on organising
****AWE Virtual Summit *****
It will be an Interactive online event to connect all our AWE members in Europe and our friends all over the world
Thanks to our tech ladies who will make these event memorable
Sign up with us to receive more details on our website
Year 2020, we are proud to host AWE Holland and invite the African Diaspora Women, Men and Youth including our friends to join us to network, be informed and be empowered.
Date : New dates coming
Venue : Online
What type of topic will Holland event focus on?
1. As a diaspora how to plan your retirement and investment Plan
2. The role of healthy relationships in our wellbeing
3. Development of healthy lifestyles of Diasporas
Members of other countries are invited to join.
*Gala Dinner is included and entertainment. Call the Hotel to reserve your accommodation
This will be a great chance to tour the Maastricht city.
Event Guest Speakers
Dr. Beatrice Lukose
Top Inspirational Speaker, Author, Life and Business Coach
CEO and Founder of Motivat School
* Dr. Lukose will focus on helping people to attain great achievers mindset that will help them overcome any barriers and challenges in life; Inspiring them to Love, Live and Work Like Champions.
Her inspiring quote:
“Everyone has the potential to be Wealthy and Healthy. What’s rare is the mindset, the wisdom and courage to Love, Think and Work like champions to become great achievers”.
Debbie Omolo recently graduated with an MA in Gender studies, peace and conflict from the International Institute of Social Studies. She is passionate about the empowerment of women, education, healthy living and well-being and will be talking to us about exactly that while sharing her story and personal life experience in her journey to well-being. Before moving to the Netherlands, she lived I South Africa for 15 years and espouses the philosophy of Ubuntu. She spent 2 years in the UK pursuing her MBA before she moved to South Africa. Debbie is keen to inspire us on our empowerment, healthy lifestyle and well-being journey.
Event Entertainer DJ Miss Tina.
How to get to the Venue: Novotel Maastricht .
* The hotel is located 2 km from the centre, It is situated only 600 m from the A2/E25 motorway.
* By bus, take bus 4 or 7 direction Mecc / Valkenburg. The hotel is only 4 stops away at ‘Sibemaweg stop’. Hotel is right opposite the bus stop.
* Or make use of the free shuttle to and from Maastricht city centre and central station. Just reserve on time.
* Outside the free shuttle service hours, they offer extra pick up service around Maastricht at odd hours for 2.00Eur @ person.
*The Vrijthof is 2.8 km from the hotel.
*Maastricht-aachen airport 15mins drive away. There is a direct bus connection as well.
* Eindhoven airport an hour drive away. There are direct trains from Maastricht to Eindhoven.
* Schiphol not very close but good train connections (2.30hr) train.
* Brussels airport an hour a way but no direct trains. (Check connections to Maastricht).
What the hotel offers (offer for family ):
* Free accommodation for children upto 16years traveling with their parents.
* You can enjoy the outside heated pool.
* For those wanting to explore Maastricht, the hotel offers a bicycle rental and packed lunch.
What you can do in the city .
* Bike and walking routes to explore the St. Pieter Fort.
* Visit the world renowned bookstore located at the church. Bookstore Dominicanen.
* Visit the Theatre at Vrijthof using the free shuttle.
* Bonnefanten Museum.
* Tour the famous caves in Maastricht and those just outside Maastricht in Valkenburg. Get to experience the siege shelters during the wars.
* Enjoy a boat ride on the famous River Maas.
* Maastricht borders Belgium and Germany. You can visit the highest point in the country, where the 3 countries border each other. Vaals town at ‘Drielandenpunt’.